The Lakeland, Florida area has the conditions for prevalent mold growth. Florida buildings are uncomfortable during humid and hot weather, making people more likely to use air conditioning systems. Unfortunately, using air conditioning systems in Florida will allow the easy growth of mold.
At On-Deck Restoration LLC, we tackle mold damage projects frequently. We want to share our answers to some frequently asked mold-related questions.
- What is Mold? Mold is a fungus that likes to break down organic material in indoor and outdoor areas. You may find mold in food, soil, or plants or in moisture-damaged areas of your home, like walls, window frames, crawlspaces, and carpets.
- What Makes Mold Grow? Mold grows suddenly and quickly when it gains access to nutrients, moisture, and humidity.
- Is Mold Dangerous? Some people are sensitive to spores that mold produces. These spores can cause a sore throat, rash, or a runny nose. Constant exposure to mold spores will result in more severe health impacts like asthma, liver disease, and a compromised immune system.
- What is Black Mold? Despite the scary-sounding name, black mold is not necessarily any more dangerous than other molds. The health consequences of mold exposure will depend on each person’s sensitivity to mold spores and the duration of the exposure.
- Is it Hard to Get Rid of Mold? Yes, the EPA says there is no practical way to eliminate all mold from an indoor environment. To stop mold as much as possible, you want to control moisture and ensure the area is well ventilated.
The best way to treat and reduce mold is to call a professional to look at the area. Our experts are experienced and standing by to solve any mold headaches.