Does your home have mold? If you suspect there’s a problem with mold at your house but you’re not entirely sure, identifying any of these signs could indicate you need to contact us at On-Deck Restoration LLC to schedule a professional mold assessment.
1. Allergy symptoms—Do you feel like you have a constant runny nose, itchy eyes, or sore throat, but only when you’re at home? Uncharacteristic allergy symptoms, especially outside of allergy season, indicate there could be mold lurking somewhere in your home, causing you or your family members to experience an allergic reaction.
2. A musty odor—If there’s a pervasive musty odor in a specific area of your home and you feel like you’ve done everything to clean the area and get rid of it, you can probably blame mold. Keep in mind, however, that not every type of mold gives off a smell.
3. Water leaks—A leak behind a hidden area (like a wall) creates the perfect breeding ground for mold. Chances are, if you have a water leak somewhere in your home, mold has already started to take hold.
4. Signs of water damage—Long-term moisture damage will eventually lead to mold. If there are water stains or discoloration on your walls, ceiling, flooring, or other surfaces, these issues can all lead to problems with mold.
5. Visible signs of mold growth—Some types of mold appear white and thread-like while others are brown, green, and splotchy. If you suspect that a mysterious substance somewhere in your home could be mold, we can come and verify.
6. Recent flooding—Did a plumbing leak, broken appliance, or sudden storm cause flooding somewhere in your home? If moisture still lingers from this event, double check that you aren’t also dealing with mold.